The first week of school after the holidays has gone. It's like a new beginning, only easier, because I know what to expect and what is expected from me. We are having some guests tonight and my host mum (which is a kiwi version of ''mom'') made the best pineapple cake ever. I don't remember having tasted a lot of pineapple cakes, but this is one to remember. At least something makes up for missing black rye bread and cottage cheese with homemade jam.. yam!
Anyway, I had a fantastic weekend after the holidays at the beach. We attempted to catch some crayfish, but only found a starfish stuck in the trap. Our fishing experience wasn't much better - the fishing device was about to be crushed against the rocks, so we had to pull it out a minute after we had launched it. I was hoping that we would at least get A fish, and, to everyone's surprise, there was one, a shark. Little one, not too scary. It didn't stand in the way of enjoying my time, 'cause we had an amazing lobster dish for tea (dinner in kiwi) and a lot of laughing for the pudding!
Nav komentāru:
Ierakstīt komentāru