svētdiena, 2010. gada 7. februāris

Wairarapa & me

/Huka falls

I've spent my first week in Masterton, Wairarapa. I personally adore this district - there might not me loads of beaches or mountains with skiing tracks, but the place has it's own charm. There are many small vineyards, little towns with green hills and blue mountains in the background not to mention sheep.
Being an exchange student brings a huge difference to my daily life. I have to make the effort to come up and talk to the people I want to be friends with. It doesn't sound so difficult, I know, but try being a shy person among many different teenagers at the other side of the world. So when I realized that the the process of getting used to the environment isn't a matter of hours, I started enjoying myself for real, and actually I don't see it ending, ever.
The most wonderful family has opened their home for me and I couldn't be having more fun. But maybe it's just me. My attitude has obviously changed.
I remember yesterday, siting in the front seat of a car, driving on the road to Wellington and singing along with ABBA. And I don't believe that I can ever get used to the beautiful sights that you see once you decide to go somewhere, even the back fence of the backyard - fields of gold and a clear blue sky above the mountains that cover the horizon.
And today was an unforgettable day. We went tramping in the native forrest, it was more like a walk actually, but I enjoy seeing myself tramping one day. I had never seen trees that huge before, I think. I feel in love with the green color and the sound a slightly small river making it's way down the hill.
And I remember all the people who asked me why I'm doing this. Why not?
See you next weekend.


1 komentārs:

  1. man ir neiedomājams prieks, ka tavā galā viss ir ideāli. :) un par ģimeni vislielākais. galvenais, ka jūties savā vietā, ne? :)

    AtbildētDzēst