otrdiena, 2010. gada 2. februāris

The China Experience

29.01. Hongkong-Auckland

Once we found our way through the huge Hongkong Airport, we were picked up by a lovely chinese lady who took us to a shopping mall, that I definately do not remember the name of. We had a lunch there at a small, quite crowded restaurant. She picked out some dishes that she wanted for us to try. They were all very delitious, what more to say? Then we took a taxi to downtown. We went through a market where people buy really cheap souvenirs, fake Gucci bags, for a priece that says: ‘‘Made in China’‘ and usually it is lowered three times once you show the interest. Oh, and the city.. I didn’t notice a building that wouldn’t be called a skyscarper in Latvia. It’s fun for one day, but I didn’t even try to imagine myself living there, too different.

One Starbucks frappucino later, we found ourselves in the inner shopping paradise among the airport gates. And now, 4 hours away from our destination, perfect New Zealand, we have been scared by their customs. A4 sheet of paper with a list of things you can’t bring in, and we have some of those, and a lot of questions to answer. The answers that I have given mean that I’ll have to spend a lot of time declaring goods. What makes me slightly not optimistic is that they had to write down the possible outcome of failure in decleration- prison. But we’ll see.

3 komentāri:

  1. Hon, how did it go with that decleration? Is it all right or you will have to wear black and white striped pyjamas? Okey, enough with the jokes.It will be all right.
    Anyways. Sounds great so far and I am happy for you.

    AtbildētDzēst
  2. finally you've written something. :D and, by the way, are we supposed to post comments in english? :D

    AtbildētDzēst